Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What are you laughing at Lucy?

Just another funny little thing Lucy said. One of her favorite things (most days) is getting to play with Shawn when he gets home from work. Last night after dinner Shawn was teaching Lucy how to pull funny faces. She is really cute when she tries to pull them, so I'll get some pictures up here in the next day or two when it isn't so late. Anyway after showing her several faces, which she would mimic, Shawn pulled out his stretchy face. Lucy started laughing so hard, you know the laugh, when little kids get rolling uncontrollably. Her little laugh was so cute! Finally Shawn asks her "Lucy, what are you laughing at?" To which Lucy answered "Daddy's face."

She did something today that was ADORABLE! She woke up from her nap a little earlier than I wanted her to. She only slept for one hour, and I was trying to get a quick cat nap in there which never happened. Anyway, I had just laid down when I heard her talking. So after laying there for five minutes I decided I better be a good mom and go get her up. I pulled her out of her crib to her applauding herself for taking a "nice nice nap", and let her play in her room. When I saw she was more than happy playing by herself, I went and laid back down.

A few minutes later I heard a rattling sound and opened my eyes to Lucy's eyes looking directly into mine. Then she handed me a little tea pot she has with a fake hot dog sticking out of the top and said "Hereyougo mommy! Lucy made hot dog!" I had to pick her up and squeeze her!

2 comments:

The Martins said...

Lucy is so cute! I love these stories. It's fun to hear the cute things kids say - they always keep you smiling. :)

Sam and Jamie said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she is going to be two.